Birthplace: Bemidji, Minnesota
Resides: St. Paul, Minnesota
Profession: Web Designer/Developer, Minnesota Historical Society
High School: Bemidji High School
College/University: Bemidji State University
|In Own Words:|
Curling has been in my family for many generations, starting with my great-grandpa and continuing on with my grandparents and my parents. As a child, I would tag along with my parents to watch them curl, and it wasn't until I was 6 years old that I tried it for myself.
I participated in a youth program in Bemidji that, at the same time as myself, contained many curlers who grew up to become national and world competitors.
My sister and I gained a lot of experience watching our parents curl. My mom and dad have competed many times at the national level, and my dad went on to compete in consecutive World competitions in 1993 and 1994.
* Olympic Winter Games: 2006 (8th)
* World Curling Championships: 2005 (silver), 2012 (5th, as alternate)
* U.S. National Championships: 2013 (6th), 2012 (silver), 2011 (bronze), 2009 (5th), 2008 (4th), 2007 (runner-up), 2005 (champion), 2004, 2003, 2002 (semifinalist all three years)
* U.S. Olympic Team Trials: 2014, 2010 (7th), 2006 (gold), 2002 (bronze)
* U.S. Mixed Doubles Championship: 2009
* USA Curling Female Athlete of the Year: 2005
* USA Curling Team of the Year: 2005, 2002
* Frances Brodie Award for sportsmanship at world championships: 2005
* Minnesota State Women's Championship: 2004 (champion)
* Wisconsin State Women's Championship: 2003 (champion)
* Karuizawa, Japan, International Bonspiel: 2005 (silver medalist)
* Winner of the Curtis Cup (team sportsmanship award) at U.S. Junior Nationals in 1999 and 2000